The most important part about this post is just to say.. stay at home!
During this difficult time it’s important we look after ourselves. Mentally as well as physically.. I won’t lie and say this has been easy for me. I’ve struggled mentally more than anything, just coming to terms with what is happening in the world right now and how our lives have changed.
This new reality is scary and is an extreme test of our characters. As the virus began to become more serious in the UK (where I live), things started slowing down, people began to panic, most of us started to act slightly different.
Pretty much from the beginning of this outbreak, when the number infected were around 40 in the UK, my family and I stayed home. I live in a High Risk family, so this was the safest option for us.
Like lots of people all around the world I’ve had to adapt my life. So once I came to terms with how life was going to be for the foreseeable, I realised I needed to use this time productively.
I need to know that when this is all over and we can all go back to our normal lives, that I will be in the best place possible. I need to spend time working on both my mental and physical health. It’s important to stay active but to also keep our minds active, we need to fill our days as much as possible. So I thought I would put together some ideas for anyone wanting to do the same;
- Routine (Get yourself into a routine – it’s important)
- Adult colouring
- Games for the mind
- Catch up on work/school
- Facetime friends and family/communicate daily
- Clean your house
- Sit in the back garden
- Go for a walk (somewhere away from others)
- Spend quality time with the family you live with
- Spend time with your pets
- Help others whenever possible
- Write down your goals for when this is over
- Make a list of all the ways you are going to help others when this is over (volunteering/charity etc)
- Watch films
- Read blogs
- Watch Youtube videos
- Take a well earned rest
- Listen to music
- Start a new hobby