On a day to day basis, I’m a nude lip kind of girl (or just a lip balm). I don’t always need to look super glam so wearing a bright lip isn’t essential.
Over the years of collecting makeup, I’ve developed quite a collection of bright lipsticks and lipglosses. My collection is pretty much a 50/50 split with nudes and brights.. that just keeps on growing. Majority of my lipsticks are Mac, (they were the must have brand when I started collecting makeup). Although now I tend to buy other brands a lot more.
My favourite time to wear a bright lip is on holiday.. When your skin is glowing from the sun, there is nothing better than to pair a red lip with golden glowy skin. So I will be making sure I pack some for my holiday. Anytime there is an excuse to wear a bright lipstick, I always sway towards a red.. a classic red. You can never go wrong with a red lip, it looks good on any occasion and goes with almost any outift.
So here are a few ideas, and a little look into my collection;
- Kat Von D – Liquid Lipstick – Berlin – £17
- Bobbi Brown – High Shimmer Lip Gloss – Citrus 4 – £22.50
- Mac Lipstick – Toledo Collection – Barbecue – £18 (ish) – Limited Edition
- Mac Lipstick -Toledo Collection – Victorianna £18 (ish) – Limited Edition
- Nyx – Soft Matte Lip cream – Morocco – £6
- Mac Lipstick – Sweet & Sour – £17.50
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Lip Gloss – Peony – £18
- Mac Lipstick – Ruby Woo – £17.50
- Jouer – Metallic Lip creme – Papaye – £15
- Mac Lipstick – All Fired Up – £17.50
- Mac Lipstick – Flamingo – £17.50
- Sephora – Cream lip stain – 01 – £8/£9
- Mac Lipstick – Head In The Clouds – £17.50